Research has been an integral part of our Medical Education since its inception of Medical College. Research has received major thrust after being conferred the Deemed University status. We, at BLDE (DU) strongly believe Teaching and Research should go hand-in-hand and complement each other.
Dear Faculty, Staff, and Students,
I am delighted to share with you my thoughts on the importance of research in our university. As the Director of Research, I believe that research is essential to advancing knowledge, driving innovation, and solving complex global challenges. Our university has a crucial role to play in this endeavor, and I am proud of the work that our faculty and students have accomplished.
In particular, I want to emphasize the importance of collaboration and partnerships with industry, government, and other academic institutions to achieve our research goals. These partnerships enable us to leverage our strengths and capabilities and apply them to real-world problems. They also provide opportunities for our students to gain valuable experience and prepare for their
I encourage interdisciplinary research, recognizing that some of the most significant breakthroughs in research come from collaborations across multiple fields. Our university has a wealth of expertise across diverse disciplines, and I believe that by working together, we can achieve remarkable outcomes.
I also recognize that securing funding for research is essential to support our research initiatives. As a result, I urge our faculty to take advantage of the resources and support available to them to develop successful grant proposals.
In conclusion, I want to reiterate the critical role that research plays in advancing the mission of our university and contributing to the betterment of society as a whole. I look forward to continuing to work with you all to further our research endeavors and achieve new heights of excellence.
Dr. M. M. Patil
Director Research & Development Cell
BLDE DU Vijayapura
VISION & MISSION
To Promote and Practice Research and Innovation as an integral part of Education, Leading to Sustainable Holistic Integrated Development and Universal progress.
1. To frame a robust and reliable Research Promotion Policy and identify the relevant, innovative, and emerging thrust areas of research befitting to expertise, facilities & Research Policy.
2. To create and provide State of the Art facilities, resources, and services to undertake Basic and Translational research on areas of regional, national, and global importance.
3. To mobilize and utilize financial and infrastructural resources from national and international organizations, industries & agencies to undertake research.
4. To establish Institutional Innovative Council and research ecosystem to promote & practice scientific temper, rationality, reasoning, the Indian Knowledge System, and the spirit of inquiry among all stakeholders, leading to Socio Scientific Society and sustainable development of the globe.
5. To inculcate & practice values & professional ethics in Research, Publications, Consultancy, and Extension Services.
Improving mothers, infants, and children’s well-being is an important public health goal for our country. Their well-being determines the health of the next generation and can help predict future public health challenges for families, communities, and the health care system. Despite the remarkable progress made in reducing women’s and children’s deaths, many of them still die each year. Since healthy women and children are the cornerstones for healthy and thriving societies, investing in their health is vital to achieving the new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) agenda.
Read more >>>
Centre for Social Determinants of Health
Health is defined as “A state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely absence of disease or infirmity” – WHO. Social factors that determine health include, but are not limited to factors like poverty, ignorance, pollution, contaminated drinking water, and food access. All these factors have channeled our efforts towards building a research center that would allow physicians, researchers, health professionals, and students to come together and learn about how they can improve the health of their community and combat these types of “social determinants”. With this idea, we envisioned developing a “Centre of Excellence for Social Determinants of Health”.
Read more >>>
‘Laboratory of Vascular Physiology & Medicine’ (LVPM) is a specialized research laboratory established in the Department of Physiology under the Faculty of Medicine, BLDE University. This laboratory is working extensively on Experimental Physiology and Clinical Physiology/Medicine research. The Laboratory is formally inaugurated on the 15th.December 2015 by Professor Robert G.Carroll (East Carolina University, NC, USA) & Professor Dewan S.A.Majid (Tulane University, New Orleans, USA).
Read more >>>
Centre for Advanced Medical Education and Research
- Bio-Informatics (Under Commission)
- Molecular Biology (Under Commission)
- Skill and Simulation Lab
- Cell Culture (Under Commission)
- Nano-Medicine (Under Commission)