Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years. MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
Major focus of IIC
To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem. Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs. Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework. Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas. Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Functions of IICs
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
|1.||DIY – Slide Digitization||Dr. Anil Reddy, Dr. Himanshu Mulay|
|2.||DIY Cyto-filt cards- Cost Reduction||Dr Surekha Hippargi, Dr Anil Reddy|
|3.||QR-enabled Museum-In Your Pocket||Dr. Kapse Sachin Shivaji, Dr. Anil Reddy Konduru , Dr. Yelikar Balasaheb, Dr. R. Potekar RatnakarM.|
|4.||Manual Embalming Machine||Dr. G A Hadimani, Dr. Ishwar Bagoji, Dr.R S Bulagouda|
|5.||DIY grossing board instruments for better sections||Dr. Prashant Kumar, Dr.Prakash Patil|
|6.||Novel Artificial limb||Dr. I. B. Bagoji, Kanhu Charan, Dr. Girish Kodnapur|
|7.||Raspberry Pi – Camera system||Dr. Anil Reddy Konduru, Dr. Balasaheb R Yelikar, Dr. KV Sathyashree, Dr. Ankur Kumar|
|8.||Virtual dissection table||Dr. Deepak Chavan, Dr. Anil Reddy|
|9.||Critical care wireless portable teaching device||Dr. Deepak Chavan, Dr. Anil Reddy|
|10.||SIH -Easy Peezy||Mr. Rahul, Dr.Shrilaxmi Bagali|
|11.||Co-ultra-portable machine||Dr. Surekha Hipparagi, Dr. Aravind Patil, Mr. Girish Badragond, Dr. Jayalaxmi Gonal, Dr. Smita Mangalagi|
|12.||Corona warrior self-alert belt||Dr. Surekha Hipparagi, Mrs. Anita Tippa|
|13.||Aerosol Box for Intubation in COVID-19||Dr. Vijayakumar T K, Mr. Ramesh Kumar, Mr. Girish B|
|14.||Sanitizer spray box||Dr. Surekha Hipparagi, Mrs. Anita Tippa|
|15.||Pass box||Mr. Girish Badragonda, Dr. Aravind Patil|