- To act as a centre of excellence in learning basic and advanced skills to enable healthcare profession students to be competent in delivering the healthcare needs effectively.
- To train and develop necessary clinical skills in medical undergraduate, postgraduate students, paramedical students as per needs and competency statements of various courses.
- To develop and act as a resource centre for such activities and coordinate between various sections for effective delivery.
- To develop resources, materials and course curricula required for various courses.
- To train and certify the learners and faculty necessary for conducting courses or establishing such centres elsewhere.
- To provide intellectual support for upcoming centres.
- Dr. Tejaswini Vallabha, Vice Principal, Prof. & HOD of Surgery & Chairperson.
- Dr. Vijayakumar T K, Professor of Anaethesia, Chief Co-ordinator.
- Dr. Girish Kullolli, Assoc. Professor of Surgery, Co-ordinator.
- Mrs. Nagamani V Padashetti, Incharge Clerk.
- Mr. Mallappa Gundipalle, Peon
Resource Persons: Faculty from the Department of General Surgery, Anaesthesiology, OBGY, Orthopaedics, Peadiatrics and BLDEA’s Institute of Nursing Sciences.
Common Courses/Workshops conducted:
- Basic Life Support & Advanced Life Support for interns, postgraduates, paramedical workers, nursing students, Ambulance drivers, students of college & high schools, factory workers etc.
- Basic Surgical Skills for interns, postgraduates, paramedical staff & medical students.
- Basic Obstetric Skills & normal Labour.
- Paediatric point of care techniques.
- Basic Laparoscopic Surgery Skills & many more.